Shrimp Pesto Pizza

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Last night I made a Southern Living recipe - Pesto Shrimp Pizza - it was wonderful and didn't take any time at all to make.

I stopped by the gym after work so time was of the essence. I knew I had a bag of frozen, peeled, pre-cooked shrimp so I ran through HEB and got a pre-made gourmet pizza crust (it was extremely thin and also was made with honey (??)



The actual recipe called for a pre-made pizza dough but I opted to cut that step out :) I also grabbed some light already made pesto.

If you've never made a pizza on the grill...they are fabulous. Who needs a fancy pizza oven! Dean heated the grill to 350 degrees and sprayed it with cooking spray. All things grilling come under Dean's domain.

While Dean fired up the grill, I chopped the onion and a jalapeno (the jalapeno is a subsitution because we like things spicey). I quickly sauteed the two adding salt and pepper. When they were soft and cooked through, I added that already cooked shrimp, stirred and took it off the fire.






To assemble, I put the pizza crust on a baking sheet, spread the pesto, decided to add a little spinach, spread the shrimp mixture and then covered it all with the parmesan cheese.


From there Dean placed it straight on the burners of his gas grill, covered it and let it cook for 4 minutes. He opened the grill and rotated it and cooked 2 or 3 minutes more and VOILA...thin, crispy, wonderful pizza. Who knew it was so easy!





Cooking Spray
chopped onion
red bell pepper (I subsituted jalapeno)
salt
pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup pesto
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Spinach (why not add more veggies)
peeled cooked shrimp cut in half lengthwise
Have fun!


Becky





















1 comments:

Sie said...

Man, that sounds good. Kate and I have been on a pizza kick but haven't used the grill yet -- definitely going to give it a go!

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena