Sangria Blanco

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This is another recipe that Kate and I made for our beautiful friend's baby shower. It was easy and I must say delicious!

You will need:
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup water
2 bottles dry white wine
3/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves
1 cup orange liqueur (We used Cointreau)
2 to 3 cups lemon - lime soft drink
2 lemons thinly sliced
2 limes thinly sliced
2 oranges thinly sliced
1 pint strawberries thinly sliced


The first thing I did was thinly slice all the fruit, put them in baggies and place them in the freezer (except the strawberries). This was a "Martha" tip I read to keep your fruit looking nice.

Next, I mixed the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat and brought it to a boil. I stirred occasionally until all the sugar was dissolved, removed from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes. At this point, I added the Cointreau to the mixture and poured it into a large ziplock and placed it in the freezer. It doesn't freeze but it will stay nice and cold for traveling.

To take to the shower location, I packed a cooler with the sliced fruit baggies, the sugar-water-Cointreau baggy, sprigs of mint wrapped in wet paper towels, the chilled wine and the the chilled Sprite. So...the only thing I had to do once I got there...was to pour it all together in my dispenser.
















For the Mommys-To-Be, we set out pitchers of water with the same fruit combination. We also set out ice...some needed ice for the Sangria because it is a little potent, but I liked it that way :)  A little more Sprite might be more to the liking of some people! Once again thanks to Southern Living for the recipe.

Have fun,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena