Roasted Butternut squash

Wednesday, March 30, 2011


Dean & I have no trouble eating vegetables...we love them but I'm bored with my old standbys...so I bought a butternut squash for something different.

If I've made it before, I sure don't remember it so I went on the hunt for a new recipe. Most were sweet with ingredients like brown sugar or honey. Well, that's not us. We like our vegetables savory! Finally, I came across this Ina Garten recipe. (I love her recipes). http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-butternut-squash-recipe

Except for having to peel the squash, the recipe is pretty much like a roasted potato recipe.

Heat oven to 400. Peel, seed and cut the squash into cubes. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle with good olive. Salt and Pepper and bake for 30 minutes.

What could be easier? The squash comes out soft and delicious. I think if you went easier on the salt and pepper, it would be something the little ones would like, too. It tastes almost buttery. Hmmm, I guess that's how it got it's name! Buttery, Butternut squash...try it for a change....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena