Baked Basil Chicken

Thursday, October 14, 2010








This basil plant was the catalyst for finding this recipe. I was looking for something using basil and I found the perfect recipe. This dish is light, easy & quick.











Ingredients:
1 pound boned, skinned chicken breats
1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/4 chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

I started by cutting the chicken breasts (ok,as you can see by my pic, Dean did that part for me!) in two horizonally instead of pounding them. This was a tip my sister-in-law gave me (thanks, Deb). A half of a breast is usually all I want and if Dean needs more he can eat two. Keep in mind, if you do cut them in half, they'll cook quicker than the recipe says.




After you've cut or pounded your breasts, arrange them in a baking dish. Combine the yogurt (I used non-fat instead of the low-fat and it worked out fine), chopped basil and cornstarch in a bowl, mix and spread on the chicken. Then combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top of the yogurt mixture.




















Cook at 375 for 30 minutes and that's it. The chicken came out very moist and delicious.



















Ok, that's it for the light chicken recipes for a while. The rest of the month I'm going to make things that would be great to take for Thanksgiving. Hey boys, I see a pumpkin roll in your future :)

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Kim said...

This was soo YUMMY!!! I made it for dinner tonight and it was super easy and so good! Thanks ladies!

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena